Sunday 8 April 2012

Will Black Rock Singer / Songwriter

Who is WILL BLACK ?
Will Black is a dynamic Canadian music performer & independent recording artist who brings a refreshing sound to the future of rock and roll via charisma and talent (ie. Bon Jovi vs. Aerosmith with a shot of Springsteen!)
Will Black wants to be YOUR rock ‘n roll superhero..
Listening to Will’s music you instantly hear a true songwriter’s love for performance. His genuine desire to bring passion into the lives of others fuels his drive to create showstoppers, like his latest single “Senorita Ballerina”. That quick tempo is the foundation for an uplifting song and a real catchy tune – you can’t help but dance and sing along. This single is off of his album Dancing With The Dead, which is his first complete record of original material. Will wrote and produced the entire record as an independent artist.
“I needed to fill this musical hole that was burning inside of me, so I jumped feet first into the world of independent music and self-financed and self-produced my first album. I didn’t know exactly how I was going to get it all done, but I had these songs that I had written over the previous 10 years that were needing to get recorded.
Over a thoroughly exciting and exhausting period in March 2008, I setup camp at Metalworks Studios in Toronto and banged out 8 tunes for my debut album. It was crucial to get as professional a sound as I could with the finances I had and the team of musicians and engineers I worked with were indeed world class. After a month of focused intensity (and some seriously good homemade chili!) the tracks were laid down, the mixing was done and Dancing With The Dead was born. Together we pulled off a great sounding rock ‘n roll record.
Recording and releasing Dancing With The Dead was plenty hard work, but so worth the final result. Now it’s my pleasure to share it with the rest of the world.”
Accolades for songs from Dancing With The Dead are true testimonials of his talent, such as:
· Placed in the top 20 for the Rock/Alternative category in Unisong’s 12th Annual International Songwriting Contest.
· Nominated as Best Rock Song at the 2008 Ontario Independent Music Awards.
· Selected as a Semi-Finalist in the 2008 UK Songwriting Contest.
· “Senorita Ballerina” was recognised as a Semi-Finalist in the 2008 UK Songwriting Contest.       So, Now we know who he is, I think we should keep a sharp lookout for this superb performer, His ability to write great songs is great ! We hope to see him in our music charts one day perhaps in the not so distant future, Well done Will, Keep up the good work ! 


1 comment:

  1. Cheers, Paul - thanks for the post, much appreciated! Rock on ;)

    ReplyDelete